The Week That Was
A weekly review of the past week in sports and maybe not sports. Everyone else has a weekly list or 8 so why not us.
1. That’s Better: Last Sunday’s Packers game was a bit better. Still some concerns at first with protection but the O-Line shored up and gave Rodgers some protection. Not a perfect game, but a W is a W and Crosby actually made field goals.
2. The Ageless One: Anyone else notice the impressive string of games Donald Driver has put together. It’s almost like a couple years ago, when Double D was getting the defensive attention that allowed Jennings to breakout. This year, it would seem the exact opposite. Great read here on Driver from Chris at ‘Ol Bag of Donuts‘.
3. Speaking of Jennings: Quote of the week “…it’s not about Aaron, it’s not about Brett, it’s about the Packers and Vikings.”
4. The Finley Conundrum: A lot of talk about whether or not Monday Night’s game will be that “breakout” game for Jermichael Finley. The only way that happens is if the O-Line can prove it can protect Rodgers so Finley doesn’t have to say in on protection. More on that here & here
5. No One Believes You: “I didn’t say it was about revenge. I said that it wasn’t about revenge to begin with. It had nothing to do with it”
6. Legit: First time in a long time that I can say a Wisconsin Badger QB is a legit offensive weapon, but Scott Tolzien appears to be. For team that is known to be run-oriented the Badgers have quietly become much more balanced, maybe even leaning more towards going to the air. Of course fumbling RB’s may have something to do with that as well.
7. Really?: Anyone else hear that the NHL season started last night? Didn’t think so…
8. Oh No!: Corey Hart is out for the rest of the season, this is going to be a huge blow to the Brewers post-season chances.
9. Badger’s Best Guess: Important game for the Badgers, on the road against a Big Ten opponent. I think they are up to the task though with the final being close: Badgers 24, Gophers 21 . I will also say with a win the Badgers will crack the Top 25.
10. Packer’s Prediction: Beyond the hoopla, this is a pretty important game as it may very well set the pace for the NFC North this season. One of these weeks I may pick the Packers to lose, this isn’t it. Packers 28, Vikings 24