Daybreak Doppler: Impressions From One Week of Packers Training Camp
This week’s Daybreak Doppler Dames theme is Fox Sports Girls.
Mallorie (Fox Sports West
Lombardi Ave on one of the more interesting Training Camp battles, Packers Crosby, Tavecchio kicking for their (NFL) lives .
I want Finley to do well because he’s a Packer, but that’s about all, Best & Worst Case Scenarios: 2013 Packers Tight Ends .
Better than not having anything to look forward to, Something To Look Forward To: September Call-ups .
Looking waaaay ahead, Foresight: Your 2016 Milwaukee Brewers .
And Bucksketball is looking at Jennings replacement, Milwaukee’s newest combo guard: A break down of Brandon Knight .
Madtown Badgers reviews this year’s Badgers Special Teams .
Paint Touches on the newest Golden Eagle, Sandy Cohen’s jump from anonymity to Marquette .
Pains me but not all that surprising, Ohio State leads Big Ten teams in 2013 Preseason USA Today Coaches Poll .
Because Florida, How 5 Famous Crimes Are Connected to Florida Gators Football .
Why would you even think of doing this, And It Didn’t Work?!: Man Tries To Board Plane With Pet Turtle Disguised As Hamburger .
Looking for a job? Here are 7 Dream Careers You Should Reconsider Pursuing .
I’m sure many of us will appreciate this, Do you have to deal with customers? “It Gets Worse” will help you come to grips with the service industry .
A Few Things Stand Out – We’ve got the first full week of Packers Training Camp under our belt so I thought I’d look back & see what has stood out to me, both good and bad. Obviously, there’s still a ton of camp left so a lot can and will happen between now & that first regular season game so take any of the below with a grain of salt…except for the last one.
- Micah Hyde – The rookie is making the most out of his opportunities with Williams & others sidelined for any number of reasons. I don’t know where Hyde will end up in the pecking order of the Cornerback rotation as that position is so strong, but he’s definitely making a case for at least a Dime spot early on
- Where’s Perry – Is it just me or has Nick Perry dropped off the map? Obviously Perry is at camp & practicing but you hardly ever hear anything about him from the beat reporters or others observing. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.
- Datone Living Up To Expectations – So far so good for the Packers’ first round pick. I’m looking forward to next Friday to see what he can do against non-Packers in the first pre-season game
- Clubhouse May Be Lonely – Eddie Lacy’s reps in the Red Zone this past week let him shine. Lacy’s ability to pound out yards in short yardage situations do not bode well for John Kuhn.
- God Damn It’s Great To Have Football Back – I love baseball, even when the Brewers are playing as crappy as they are right now, but the Packers will always be my favorite & even though it’s just camp it’s simply awesome to have them back on the field, even a practice one.
For those headed to Family Night tomorrow, it would appear you’ll be staying dry & I hope you all have a terrific time there. Sure, it’s a glorified practice but for a lot of people it may be their only time in Lambeau this season so enjoy the hell out of it. Have a great weekend everyone and we’ll see you back here Monday morning.
Have a link, tip or something else that should be included in this space? Email us and give us the scoop.