How To Date a Diehard Female Pack Fan
Disclaimer: This post spawned from a conversation between me and Annie about the ‘Ask Vic’ column. Jayme wrote a great post in response - so I took a different approach.
In recent weeks, the hardcore female Pack fanbase has taken a bit of a beating. It’s difficult to describe, as it went beyond just the “oh, you’re women, you don’t get football blah blah nonsense” that happens on a regular basis. The thing is, most of us that are diehard understand the game as well. We cheer loud, we get plays, we know stats and we can hang with the best of them on game day.
Sure, it’s easy to date that girl that knows zilch about football and act annoyed when she just doesn’t get it. But, what do you do when you’re dating one of the diehards?
- Do not text or call during a game. Ever. If it’s an emergency, it better be good. If it’s the Bears or Vikings, you better be dying on the side of the road. The only exception I’ve ever made for phone calls is my dad, and it was halftime and I could mute Joe Buck.
- Don’t talk down to us as if we don’t know what is going on with the game. I don’t just mean what a touchdown is – we know what a third down conversion is, a blitz and hey, even why our defense sucked it up during a game.
- Don’t tell us it’s “cute” that we are so into football. It’s cute that you’re walking out of my door too.
- If you buy a pink jersey for us during Christmas, we will probably laugh at you and make you wear it instead.
- Don’t always expect us to get the beer. I’m equal opportunity and will have a portable cooler next to the couch.
- If you are also a Packers fan, it is definitely ok to discuss play-by-play through text. Enjoy the fact that you can talk about football with her.
- Again, pink jersey. Just don’t do it, man. I’d bedazzle my Rodgers jersey before I got within 20 feet of one of those. (Disclaimer: I have bedazzled before. Stop judging.)
- Don’t chest bump us during the game. It seriously hurts. High fives are appropriate.
- There will be yelling. It happens. Sometimes it even happens in different languages. You’ll get more points if you roll with it, or better yet, respect it.
- If pompous a-holes decide it’s ok to continue making fun of die-hard female Pack fans by calling them Bears and Vikes fans, it’s time to support. Don’t jump into the foray and think it’s funny.
What would you add?