The Week That Was: Christmas Eve Edition
A weekly review of the past week in sports and maybe not sports. Everyone else has a weekly list or 8 so why not us.
Ed. Note: Posting this a day early as tomorrow I’ll be too busy putting together toys and snow blowing Mom & Dad’s driveway out.
1. 18 Seconds of Futility: As last week’s Packers/Steelers match-up dwindled down I was cautiously optimistic the ‘vaunted’ Packers defense could keep the lead. It took 18 seconds for that hope to vanish.
2. Yep, Parra Has Company: In my pantheon of scorn, Mason Crosby now stands side by side with Brewers pitcher Manny Parra. How the Packers coaching staff hasn’t at least brought in another kicker to look at is beyond me.
3. Reap What Has Been Sown: So….how you feeling about all that fluffing you did on Favre now Brad Childress? If anything the whole situation in Minnesota solidifies Favre’s new persona as a diva and puts one more nail in that coffin of his former role of the aw shucks, every man we all thought he was.
4. Speaking of Favre..No, Not That One: Dylan Favre, nephew of the Purple Traitor, has a visit scheduled with Wisconsin in January.
5. A UW National Champion: Alright, it’s D-III but still congrats to the UW-Whitewater football team for winning its second NCAA Division III football title.
6. Name That D: Time to vote over at NameThatGBD.com, our grass roots campaign to see if we can get a Packers Fan named defensive scheme.
7. Still The Best Christmas Song Ever: Enjoy
8. Bucks Player Fun Fact: What the hell, we’ll make this a regular portion of The Week That Was, at least for awhile. Ersan İlyasova was the first Turkish player ever for the Spanish League club FC Barcelona when he played there in 2007.
9. Packer’s Prediction: Well, I got the score differential correct last week, just the winner wrong. This week, still not including any FG points as obviously there won’t be any – Packers 28, Seahawks 10.
10. Happy Holidays: From the ‘staff’ of PocketDoppler.com, a very Merry Christmas to all!