The Week That Was
A weekly review of the past week in sports and maybe not sports. Everyone else has a weekly list or 8 so why not us.
After an unscheduled hiatus, The Week That Was is back!
1. A Sound Thrashing: Last Sunday was enjoyable watching the Packers dismantle the Browns. Now, I understand it was only the Browns but satisfying none the less.
2. Still Standing: No sacks at all last week, it’s the longest time Aaron Rodgers has stayed on his feet all season on a football field, not including practices. Which brings us to this…
3. Leave It Alone: This may be sound foolish but the O-Line that started last week should stay intact for this week. I know, I know…pitting rookie T.J. Lang against ‘that crazy hillbilly’ Jared Allen may seem ill-fated but Lang held his own for the most part against Allen in their last meeting and preformed well last weekend. Give him a shot.
4. How Sweet It Is: I think I got more excited about the game ending pick 6 that Favre threw against the Steelers on Sunday than any play during the Packer game.
5. What It’s Really About: This Sunday’s game will be billed only as Favre’s return to Lambeau. For true Packer fans, yes Brett – I said true Packer fans that can put their devotion to the team ahead of any one player, know that it’s about getting a win against a division foe and a first place tie in the North Division.
6. Redemption Song: Having said the above, I would be remiss if I didn’t say I am also looking forward to this game as redemption and a chance to beat Favre. Yes, beat Favre first and Vikings second.
7. Too Boo or Not Too Boo: Lot of talk back and forth on how to welcome the Purple Traitor into Lambeau. I’m with Mike and others in that you shouldn’t do anything. A cone of silence would be more deafening and telling as to our feelings towards Favre than any chorus of boos could be.
8. Halloween Costumes: Kids costumes these days are just way cooler. My boys are going as Captain Rex & Commander Cody, two Clone Troopers from the Clone Wars Cartoon Network Series and seriously, these costumes look like authentic Clone Trooper wear. If I would have gone as a Clone Trooper when I was their age I would have to settle for a white sweatshirt and sweatpants with some electrical tape down the legs and arms and Styrofoam box/cooler for the helmet.
9. Badger’s Best Guess: Welcome back Bucky, missed you last week. Should be an interesting game, and when I say that I mean interesting from the stand point of all the shots we’ll get of the student section in the stands and the costumes. Bucky 28, Boilermakers 20
10. Packer’s Prediction: The last two weeks have give the Packers some confidence, doesn’t matter whether or not those two games were against dismal opponents. That confidence as well as a chip on their collective shoulders will result in a win. Packers 27, Vikings 20