The Week That Was
A weekly review of the past week in sports and maybe not sports. Everyone else has a weekly list or 8 so why not us.
1. Ouch: Wow did Sunday not turn out the way I thought it would. While the end of the Packers game had a spark to it the preceding 58 minutes was downright painful to watch.
2. Head Scratcher: Cut Aaron Rouse but KEEP JARETT BUSH?!?!? Whatever Bush has on McCarthy and Thompson must be pretty damaging, I just can’t see how he keeps a job any other way.
3. “It’s Just Emotion, Taking Me Over”: Heck of a week on Twitter for Nick Barnett . Although I do agree, Bill Michaels is an ass of gargantuan proportion.
4. Time & Place: As a follow-up to the above, while I do like Nick Barnett I have to say the “Samurai” needs to die, or at least used more sparingly or when it’s more appropriate, i.e. team not getting its ass kicked.
5. Chill: As demoralizing as the loss to the Bengals was, the season is far from over. There is still time for the Packers to get things in order, I called 12-4 for this season so losses are going to happen.
6. Mother of all Meltdowns: Wow… Part 1 , Part 2 , Part 3
7. Die, Die, Die: Whatever idiot ad agency team created the McDonald’s Packer guy needs to be taken out to an alley and get the snot beaten out of them. Beyond the obvious implied cornfed, 5th grade education portrayal of Packers fans these commecials allude to, it’s way off the mark in other areas. I mean, what self-respecting Packers fan would be eating McDonalds and drinking a coke while tailgating at Lambeau Field?
8. Oh yeah…Baseball: Remember last year at this time? Watching each Brewer game, hanging on every at bat and pitch? I don’t think I have watched a full inning since football started this year.
9. And it Begins: The Big Ten portion of the schedule, or “the real season” starts tomorrow for the Badgers as they take on Michigan State. I feel good about the Badgers chances against the Spartans although I think it will be close game – call it Wisconsin 27, Michigan State 24
10. Packer’s Prediction: Last weekend’s prediction when really well, now didn’t it. That of course won’t stop me from making one anyway: Packers 27, Rams 10