The Week That Was
A weekly review of the past week in sports and maybe not sports. Everyone else has a weekly list or 8 so why not us.
As my Grandmother used to say – Uff-da! It’s been a helluva week here at PocketDoppler HQ, with work in all its splendid magnifigance throwing every conceivable thing it possible could at me. So today’s edition of ‘ The Week That Was ‘ is not only late it will be rather abridged.
1. Madden Curse: It’s true, Polamalu is out 3-6 weeks with a knee sprain I will bet money that as soon as he comes back Fitzgerald gets injured. Just watch.
2. Jekyll, Hyde: I actually for a spell there during the Badger game last weekend was thinking they were maybe a semi-good team, then the fourth quarter started. They still won but I hope they can get their stuff straight before the “real” season starts.
3. Stricker On Top: Wisconsin’s own Steve Stricker won the Deutsche Bank Championship, which is believable. What’s really cool and somewhat unbelievable is Stricker is also the leader in the points race for the FedEx Cup . That statement is not a cut on Stricker, if anything it’s an ode to his renaissance this year.
4. Scary: I don’t know if this page makes me excited or scared…
5. In Case You Wondering: ….it makes me excited. I get amped for the start of every Packers season, yes I said Packers Season and not Football Season, but this year I feel very good about what may happen. Let’s hope those feelings aren’t short lived.
Alright, that’s all I have the time or energy for this week. Enjoy the real start to the Football, I mean Packers, Season on Sunday!