The Week That Was
A weekly review of the past week in sports and maybe not sports or maybe just a rambling list of things. Everyone else has a weekly list or 8 so why not us.
1. Playtime Is Over: The Pack finished the Pre-Season last night and all I have to say is bring on the real stuff, pre-season is like kissing your sister – it might seem the same but you know something isn’t right about it….I just threw up a little typing that.
2. Media Darlings: Based on the performance of the first 3 pre-season games, a lot of MSM pundits have elevated their opinions of the Packers. I both like and dislike this. I like it because I was sick of everyone saying the Bears & Vikings were hands down favorites, I dislike it because I was enjoying the Packers in the role of the underdog.
3. Spin the Bottle: Who gets lucky and who doesn’t when the Packers make cuts tomorrow? The only two I am really interested in are Tyrell Sutton and Brian Brohm. Sutton should stay, Brohm should go.
4. Packer Predictions: Win the division with a 12-4 record, mark it down.
5. Missed You Bucky: First Badger football game of the year tomorrow night, looking forward to it. While expectations are not high, you can look back a couple of years when the Badgers entered the season unranked and finished in the Top 10. Will that happen this year? Only time will tell.
6 – 9. The Brewers season is over, here’s what should happen in the off season:
(7) Sign Casey McGehee – I just don’t see how you let him go.
(8) Resign Cameron – I’ve waffled on this one but leave Weeks at 2nd and keep the veteran where he belongs. I mean, Cameron is even willing to make a deal to stay so take it.
(9) Trade Fielder – This one really, really pains me but there is no one else on the roster that will get you the quality starting pitching the Brewers need. You put Gamel at first to cover.
10. Be Safe, Be Happy: Wishing everyone a safe and happy Labor Day Weekend!