The Week That Was
A weekly review of the past week in sports and maybe not sports. Everyone else has a weekly list or 8 so why not us.
1. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus: Bill Hall is no longer a Brewer. I’m so choked up just writing that I can’t say much more about it….and these are tears of joy.
2. WTF: How does a 9-0 lead turn into a save situation? To answer that question I would like to introduce you to the Brewer’s Bullpen.
3. Burger King was getting nervous: With the signing of BJ Raji I am sure that the Burger Kings in Green Bay are relieved.
4. Half Empty: Meant to post on this during the week but BigSnakeMan beat me to it. I have said before that when it comes to the sports teams I follow that I am an eternal optimist. I would challenge even the most ardent fan though to say that the moves that the Brewers made on Wednesday didn’t smack of desperation. I don’t care what Melvin, Macha or whomever say about not waving a white flag because I see one unfurling.
5. PETA vs. Philly Fans: What’s the over/under on the number of PETA activists that get the snot beat out of them by drunk Eagles fans this year?
6. He Still Made the Catch: This is why fans don’t get the access they once had .
7. Not Surprising: Sigh . Thompson & McCarthy should take a page from Melvin’s book and just cut their losses and move on. Harrell’s been having “setbacks” since he was drafted. Suck up your pride Ted and admit this was a bad pick and an overall bust.
8. Take That Taco Wallace: How cool of a name is this, Stryker Sulak , totally beats Taco Wallace for coolest name of a Packer ever. Sounds like a X-Men character.
9. This One’s For Mike: Mila Kunis, late of ‘That 70′s Show’ seems like a pretty cool chick , if you take away the dating Macaulay Culkin part.
10. Blog to Bookmark: Nothing is really popping out at me here this week so here are some photos of the 2009 Miss Beer Cart Wisconsin Competition , courtesy of The Daily Drink . My money is on Melissa .