The Week That Was
A weekly review of the past week in sports and maybe not sports. Everyone else has a weekly list or 8 so why not us.
1. Have Fun Visiting the Grand Ole Opry: Bill Hall was sent down to Nashville on Thursday. That’s all I got, the tears of joy are making it hard to type.
2. Casey McGhee Is Again Awesome: On the day his son with CP threw out the first pitch, Casey came through for the team with a go ahead, pinch 2-run homer to give the Brewers the lead on Wednesday and save the dismal hopes of Brewer fans everywhere.
3. Craig Counsell Continues His Awesomeness: 2-run HR yesterday, extending his hitting streak to 12 games and a season no one would have believed possible.
4. One Big Teeter-Totter: Sums up how I feel about the Brewer season. Earlier this week I was ready to write them off, now I have hope creeping back into my head. You can keep saying that there are still a lot of games left but man, with the pitching staff we have available right now I just don’t know.
5. The Ennui of Steroids “Revelations”: Why don’t we just assume that pretty much every MLB player of any note was taking PEDs from 1992 to 2007, or just release that list and get it over with.
6. Packer’s Shareholder Meeting: What other corporation’s shareholder’s tailgate before the annual meeting? One point: Packers President Mark Murphy should have let sleeping dogs lie in regards to a former QB in his address to the shareholders. Why he brought that up is beyond me.
7. MSM Predictable: When trying to be cute just becomes dumb. I threw up in my mouth a little every time I read a headline about how Favre “Passes”, or “Passed” on the Vikings and then how it was a “Four-gone” conclusion….ugh.
8. Speaking Of… : I “four” one (see what I did there?, clever, I know) believe that Favre really is done. I’ve heard any number of things this week about how he could come back in the middle of the season to help a team out in the case of injury or whatever. No matter how many balls he’s throwing to high school kids, I can’t believe he would be in the physical shape to put the pads on and frankly, I think that most teams are tired of his act and don’t want to deal with it.
9. Egg, Meet Face: You couldn’t pay me enough to take the place of Brad Childress right now.
10. Blog to Bookmark: Training Camp starts tomorrow, so I thought it would be apropos for Railbird Central to be this week’s Blog to Bookmark.